Newborns & Beyond, Founder, Heather Irvine, is an experienced mother of 6 and highly sought after Infant Consultant & Pediatric Sleep Coach. Her background includes over 14 years of coaching and guiding exhausted and overwhelmed parents through the common challenges during the newborn stage and beyond. She has an unwavering desire to provide solutions that work and diffuse those frustrating challenges that new babies often bring.
Her extensive training background includes courses & certifications from several of the leading experts in the field of child development, newborn behavior, lactation education & pediatric sleep. She is a Certified Sleep Coach graduating as one of the first 50 students from Kim West’s Gentle Sleep Coaching Program, which is currently the most extensive & professional sleep certification program available. Her years of knowledge have been broadened by certification, training and classes led by the following authors & leading doctors in their field including:
- Parent-Infant Pathways – The Center for Early Education & Development – University of Minnesota
- Medical Conditions & Sleep Apnea in Children led by Dr. Lewis Kass, Director of Children’s Sleep Center
- Reflux & Colic Management led by Dr. Bryan Vartabedian, Pediatric GI & author of “Colic Solved”
- Newborn Behavior Observation Certification Program – Harvard’s Brazelton Institute
- Secure Attachment in Children – Led by Dr. Kent Hoffman, Circle of Security Project
- Lactation Educator Certification – UCSD & Healthy Children’s Center for Breastfeeding
- Postpartum Depression – Dr. Shoshana Bennett, Author & Leading Specialist on Postpartum Depression
Heather is experienced & knowledgeable in handling a variety of sleep challenges and has a specialty in guiding families early on during the newborn stage & beyond. She created the Good Nite Baby programs to address the unique needs of children with sleep challenges & has developed her services to serve any family in need. This in combination with her years of experience helping parents calm their fussy babies and coaching them on how to get that heavenly 11-12 hour stretch of sleep at night has won her raving fans throughout the U.S.
Her company Newborns & Beyond is located in Orange County, California and offers Sleep Coaching services in person, via phone and online.